Why try Simple Little Library System to manage your school library?
Sign up to a 30-day free trial & get a free guide to running your school library!
This library software package is ideal for libraries that want to lend or share their library resources. Create an online catalogue of any media: books, journals, articles, CDs, tapes, videos, electronic files, web resources and more. You decide who is allowed access to your library system: internal users only, external users, members, registered users or the public. Your users can easily consult your library catalogue in the cloud from home, work or school on any device!
We've helped schools in the UK and worldwide
A lot more detail about what's included:
Catalogue your collection simply and easily!
Designed by a librarian for easy cataloguing – you don’t need to be a professional librarian!
This package includes:
- Ready to go catalogue form with standard catalogue fields
- Unlimited additional custom fields
- Unlimited additional large text fields
- Unlimited subjects
- Unlimited links to electronic items
- Unlimited copies
AutoCat downloads information from Google Books, COPAC libraries and other sources.
It’s as simple as 1,2,3!
- Enter your ISBN and choose your source
- AutoCat copies the bibliographic details and front cover image into your catalogue
- AutoCat adds a copy in your usual location in the catalogue
Supports Accelerated Reader scheme from Renaissance
If your school subscribes to Accelerated Reader, library admins can use Simple Little Library System AutoCat tool to download data for Accelerated Reader titles straight into your catalogue.
- Bibliographic fields
- Reading levels
- Interest levels
- Quiz numbers
Students can then search your catalogue and select titles appropriate to their personalised reading goals. They can also easily find the quiz for their chosen title.
The Web OPAC allows you to share your catalogue with your library users
- Library users can search and browse your collection.
- A site licence for the Web OPAC – unlimited library users.
- You decide who your library users are: they could be public users, members or staff, etc.
Simple loans for small libraries!
In Simple Little Library System the loans module is geared to small libraries without complex loan requirements.
With the loans module you can:
- Set your standard loan length
- Set items as Reference Only
- Record new loans
- Return loans
- Renew loans
- Send Overdue Notices (or not)
- Reserve items for borrowers
Please note that this system does not support fines or complex loans policies. Please see KnowAll Matrix LMS if you require more loans functionality.
STARTING STORAGE CAPACITY
This package includes:
- 3,000 records
A record is one catalogue record or title. The number of copies attached to each title doesn’t count towards the total.
Add more batches of 1,000 records as required. It’s totally flexible!
This package includes:
- Two Admin Licence for library administrators
Add more Admin Licences when you place your order or later if you find you need more.
It’s totally flexible!
Each Admin Licence is a user licence for a named library administrator. Each licence allows one library administrator to login. You can purchase more Admin Licences as and when required.
Library administrators can create catalogue records and enter data generally throughout the system according to the Package you have chosen.
Video guide to using our software
Our aim is to produce intuitive software that you’ll enjoy using.
However if you need help, all our packages come with a free help centre so you can easily find help topics and short videos that explain how to use the different functions in Simple Little Library System.
Learn as you go in small chunks. No expensive training courses.
There is nothing to install on your computer or servers- simply use a browser*
All major browsers supported.
No IT required, no worries and no hassle. We promise to keep your data private and secure.
- Secure bunker in Kent
- ISO 27001 information security certificate
- Monthly penetration tests carried out
- Mirrored servers
- Nightly backups off-site
- No Java or Flash plug-ins
- Bailey Solutions keeps you up to date with new versions
- Single database per client (not multi-tenanted)
- Server up-time guaranteed @ 99.7%
- Meets accessibility standards
*Requires an internet connected computer, laptop or mobile device
Why buy from us?
Our promise to you is a fair deal
We won’t sell you stuff you don’t need – we ask you what you require first.